“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Dreaming comes so easily cause it's all that I know"

As I get older I cannot help but notice trends in my life. Life is filled with seasons.

Life cycles through the spring, then the summer, fall, and finally through the winter.

This summer I live in a house with 7 other people. We all get along quite well and since we both work and live together it is helpful that we do. We all have our own unique traits to add. There are "the eyebrows", the Italian, the Mountain Man, the "what's going on?", the dancer, the grad student, and lastly the musician. Then there is me-- the awkward one.

We all met a few weeks ago. In the spring of our life together we grew to know each other better. There is still a lot left unknown though. Spring is yet up. There is much left that I want to learn, much left I want to know, and much more I want to share and give.

Soon the summer will come in our blossoming relationships where we will be as all-knowing as possible. I feel it coming soon. It is this time that the relationship with people grows wildly and richly.

At the end of the summer fall will set in and soon we will all disappear one by one into the world. We'll go our separate ways. And as the leaves fade from their beautiful oranges, yellows, and reds to brown, so our relationships will slowly pass as well.

Then sets in winter. I am dreading this part. For at the end of the summer, I will be alone. I will no longer have people in my space, no one to sing songs with, no one to sit and watch movies or play Mar(e)-io Kart with. I will sit down to a dinner alone.

But with the winter comes promise of the spring. A promise for new people in my life to grow with, get to know, and in the end go through the seasons.

I just wish that for once in my life people wouldn't pass through my life as the year passes through the seasons.
O brother man, fold to thy heart thy brother;
For where love dwells, the peace of God is there;
I shall continue enjoying the company of such wonderful people, though the future looms. God, grant me the strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment