“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Break the Silence, Come Crashing In"

I watched the mountains give into the haze,
And saw the heat rise from the man-made ground.
I'm having trouble listening
To the loneliness that surrounds me.

Sleeping comes too easy when
My mind is drowning in blankness.
Dreams and hardships haunt when least expected
Casually tip-toeing past the the best defenses.

Togetherness with others sobers me up
When being a one-man team means everything.
Guiding the sunlight by its tail
I'll rest when my Prince joins me in my sparkled blanket.

Peace comes rare and in between
Joy is always on the door, knocking
Softly, Gently, Calling my name.
And I, well I hid in the corner wondering

Thoughts are jumbled when the speed of light
Intermingles with the speed of life.
Tonight I stop to pause my thinking
Words come easier when I'm writing

Tomorrow breaches my every morning
Before the birth of a new day
Yesterday is best left forgotten
But years from now it won't be

So give me this day
My daily portion
Forgive me of my wrongdoings too
As I struggle to let go of being wronged

Lead my feet towards good
And free me from evil
For today I believe
May tomorrow I also

"Feelings are intense. Words are trivial. Pleasures remain so does the pain"

No comments:

Post a Comment