“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"People are People"

Today I look back at the past year of my life. This time last year I was getting over the biggest heartbreak of my life and interacting with the man whom is now my boyfriend.

The dynamics have changed dramatically over the course of a year between myself and these two men. X promptly removed himself from every possible aspect of my life. He no longer makes any effort...though he made little to begin with.

"Help me understand"

I have stopped letting this tear me apart. I have begun to accept that he doesn't care --- at all. Though we saw each other everyday for class...the interaction was to avoid, to be cold shouldered, and if possible--ignore.

"People are people so why should it be, You and I get along so awfully?"

Then there is my boyfriend of year. We have grown closer, annoyed each other, and bring rays of sunshine to each other. We've spent most of our time apart. We've been there to help prep for new lives in different cities. We've been there for graduation. We've been there in dark moments, happy times, busy and tired. We are still together because unlike X, we realized the importance of communication, we actually care equally for each other, and we practice

Now the reason I can say that this week marks a year dating my boyfriend I only know this because of X.

I guess in retrospect X was fundamental in guiding me to know the right amount of each key ingredient to make a relationship that is healthy, happy, and easy on the stomach.

I bought a car with the help of my boyfriend's American family.

Perhaps, at this moment in my life I am right where I am supposed to be. And for once I feel at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment