“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Farewell to Drinky McVomit

I am a big fan of drinking. I really really like alcohol. However, I have decided after several episodes that perhaps I should say farewell to my drinking self. 

There is no easy way to say this. I make a terrible drunk and it may very well have cost me.

Recently, I have greatly enjoyed the company of a fine man whom will be referred to as E. He often invites me out on weekends where I proceed to embarrass him in front of his friends, spill liquor everywhere, and insult him. 

This is a tragedy. Absolute tragedy. 

I may have single handedly lost my shot. I really like this guy. Yes, he's a little on the pudgy side, but in all honesty I really don't care. For the first time I really couldn't care and besides does it really matter in the long haul? (He dresses better than most guys anyways.) The more I know about him and learn about him the more fascinating he is. E is terribly interesting, a really nice guy (he's really put up with me pretty well), and he is smart (and we all know how I like the smart ones-- he's a rocket scientist :-)  ). 

E is filled with sustenance. He is good in giving, and good in taking. He's relaxed and it relaxes me to be in his company. He is patient, and seems to like my quarks. He has a great smile, a wonderful laugh (that goes well with his sense of humor), and he plays cards. 

I guess the reason I say farewell to "Drinky McVomit" is I realize that before me is something I wish to have, and I am or may have already pushed it away. 

And as much as I enjoy drinking, it is not worth losing the company of a very intriguing man who makes me smile.  

1 comment: