“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Friday, November 5, 2010

"I am armed to the teeth, and I'm heavy set."

I still love him. It will be two years in March since he decided he didn't want me.

....and though I know we were never to be....I could never be his mother.... I cannot help but want to see his life. I want to see him flourish. I want to see him marry a pretty girl, and see him as a successful man of God, a kind-hearted community member, and a wonderful father.

...for me. I hope I can love like I loved him again. God knows it was as blind as could be... I loved him with my heart, mind, and soul. I still do.

G, you are my model of what my love should look like. You should know that.

Sometimes I think God put you in my life to show me I was fully capable of loving someone as imperfected and lost as you were at times. I am positive that the right man will come around whom loves me as I loved you, and that I love as much or more than I loved you.

I am proud to see where you've come since your freshman year. I know you have much more to improve upon, but so do I. It is my hope you live up to the greatness I saw in you.

I am close I think. I am ready to put myself out there again....even if I get burned. I'm glad my memories of you don't haunt me anymore and that I'm learning to let you go...or have almost let you completely go. Heaven knows you've let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment