“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rain, Rain, go away come again everyday

Today has been interesting to say the least.

Today I humbled myself and dropped my first grad school class.
Today I became single again

The day has been a mix of small joy and humility.

Yet it rains. The sound is indescribably beautiful. Tis sweet music to my ears. I was so enthralled by the sound through the window I opened it, who really cares if it is 50 F?

Rain is the sound of comfort. Rain reminds me I'm redeemed. Rain reminds me it is alright to be sad, to dance, and to play.

Rain reminds me of good times-- of falling in love.....

It is always so peaceful, so violent, so soothing. Rain rests my soul, like the wind excites it. And the trees, so beautiful they steal my breath. (which reminds me I saw a bunch of leaves the other day I wanted to make into the best dress ever, alas I didn't grab them).

One day I will live outside of the busyness of the city, and despite what I'm wearing I'll be able to sit on the porch and get my feet wet, and hell.... I may even go play.

Thank you God-- as much as I don't like you sometimes you know how to put my soul at ease. Praise God from the rain so gladly falls to cheer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment