“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"More than this Baby, I hate days like this"

Being at it has been a long while (or so it seems) since I last wrote, I decided as I wait for edits to a monster of a lab report to at least write some (as if I haven't had more than enough time to do so with the lab report).

Lately the semester has picked up. I am overall frustrated and tired with the semester. I think that holds true for many of my peers as well. This week alone I've scheduled a midterm, a computer project due, a lab report due, a homework set due and a presentation to put together. I won't even touch my research until the last thing is done this week. Sadly, once it is all done, there is yet more to do. I look forward to a week of academic freedom. Sometimes I want to quit and go categorize beetles. Beetles like the ones in the movie the Mummy. Ah Beetles....such beautiful bugs.

Outside of school I am still attempting to win over a rather confusing gentleman. Furthermore, I have developed more friends in the area. It is encouraging. I enjoyed a nice walk with a few the other night. It was nice to have such a beautiful night, and I enjoyed it barefoot and in shorts. Again it is cold and I feared for my more tropical climate plants and had to bring them in again.

I had a nightmare within the past week. When I am really stressed out I commonly have dreams of smoking, despite the fact I have never smoked in my life. In my nightmare I could not find my cigarettes, and as a result I woke up even more stressed and increasingly frustrated.

I am looking forward to my sister's wedding soon, however I am also fairly stressed about it as I will be missing a week or more of class along with the long commute and taking my break between spring and summer classes in a high stress, wedding planning setting. Thankfully this will only happen once and perhaps in the middle of the summer I can take a short trip to the mountains and breathe in the fresh air in the quietness of nowhere. I have been longing to drive to the state park I went to when it was much colder over winter break, however I've been far to busy and gas prices have been much too high.

This month I am trying very hard to avoid using my credit card. I already turned down going bowling. I am sure there will be many more sacrifices to come.

I have been stuck in a few books of late. I am about a third the way through Flatland, have read two to three chapters of The Fountainhead, and have touched Frankenstein. I have to admit, reading Flatland has frequently left me offended as the author is from a different time period and has a different view of women. It is interesting how he describes the women in the book to be of even a lower class than the lowest class and terribly dangerous. It is hard for me to believe his views of women were held across the entire culture of his time. Then again....teaching a woman in the Victorian era seemed to be rather frowned upon beyond a certain level of education. The other books I have not divulged far enough into to give any clear opinion of the authors projected views.

Lastly, I should sleep. In four hours I must arise, shower, and begin again. There is much to do, much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment