“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Thursday, February 3, 2011

"I could write it better than you ever felt it"

Today marks the one year anniversary of my first blog post!

Be, be, be excited!

My life is at a different point than it was a year ago. I'd like to think for the better. There are still issues I have to struggle with from time to time, however things look bright. My original formatting of my blog was as dark and sad as I felt. Now it is a soft grey.

This time last year I was wrestling feeling of a past lover, and to a much lesser extent I still do, however this no longer results with me in tears. I was also dating a man I am no longer dating, and overall would consider myself pseudo seeing someone or even single. Crazy.

I have found in life there is very little we should worry about, and there is very little we can predict (though sometimes I feel like a fortune teller). I am pleased to be here. I am happy to not be worrying about the next "stage" of my life (that's this time next year :P ). I have begun to settle into what seems to be a rhythm.  I feel generally more mentally stabled both behind closed doors and in the open. There is still a lot left unsaid, but sometimes it is best kept that way.

I miss my undergraduate friends. Some have yet to graduate, others went off and got married, and yet others are working in what now seems a far distant land (aka my home state). I am slowly making friends here. I have people to enjoy.

This past year has also been filled with much discovery of myself. They [insert some obscure reference here] often say that one does not reach mental maturity until they are 25-30ish. It seems there is still some work cut out for me. I look forward to it.

I have felt extremely introverted since the start of the new year. Perhaps I feel that my peers would be happy to hear my silence. What I have to report is of little interest to them. I hope the real world isn't so dull.

My philosophy about life is that it is meant to be shared. Oh well. I guess this explains my greater desire to write. I must speak. I must share my thoughts, ideas, aspirations.....

Yet no one here really seems to give a damn. Oh the academic world...you are such a tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment