“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Stop all the clocks" I want to spend more time with you

I was introduced to this song several months ago. I bookmarked the video and several nights a week the last thing I hear is this song:
Why? It calms me. It calms me like the individual who sent it to me.

Thank you.

You are my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song
With you I feel that in this world, I belong

You are my compass in times of correction,
My map of wisdom and my sextant at sea,
My sunlight, my moonlight, my darkness, my light
I thought the past was trouble too,
But with you I lose all sight of plight

You're my morning tea, sweetened too
A fresh spring, a morning dew
My joy, my torment, my passionate fire
My lavender, my gentleman, my wolf
And for you I aspire.

The stars are all desired now: put out every one;
Release the moon and assemble the sun;
Fill up the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For everything now can never come to any wrong.

(Inspiration from W.H. Auden's "Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone")

"Something in the way he knows, all I have to do is think of him..."

No comments:

Post a Comment