“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Friday, February 18, 2011

Numbers- Since Words Just Get In The Way

My dear you are to me as the finest numbers
You are as assuring and pure as any counting number
And as intriguing as any prime.
As exciting as the best perfect square, beautiful like forty-nine.

Rational and real as the best laid four
The joy you bring me has as many digits
As the square root of two-- endless
My happiness is unbounded as a diverging sequence.

My absolute value of all my negative thoughts
Calming as the value e, and as useful as pi,
My lovely you are a fractal
Mysterious and predictable.

Like zero unbiased, your wisdom is cherished
Constant as cosine, oscillating in time
You are the numerator to my success
The denominator to my stress.

I converge to my best as any perfectly good summation
When you are my counsel, placing my mind at rest
Like the number i, you are foundational
Yet just as complex.

Unique as one, and odd like three
Appealing as the Golden Ratio
You are my relief as any real number
The simplest fraction to my complex life

If God made people numbers
I don't know what value you'd be
For to me you are all,
Through plus and minus infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment