“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"1-2-3-4 Walking like a man, hitting like a hammer / she's a juvenile scam, never was a quitter / Tasty like a raindrop, she's got the look "

Today I officially welcome in the most terrible month of the year: February.

There are many reasons February is the worst month of the year:

  •  Old Man Winter feels this month is his last hurrah! and as a result the weather is always misrable. The current storm is just one fine example of such. 
  • The month has a weird number of days. Twenty-eight. No we couldn't give up a few one's from the 31 day months....
  • The worst holiday of all time: St. Valentine's Day. Perhaps it is simply me being overly jaded. That or having past boyfriends who royally screwed it up.
Those really are my main reasons. That, and I am separated from March. So very close!

So what am I up to during this winter crisis of ice+snow+SNOWDAY!!!! ?

Due to the snow, I have had the time to get slightly ahead in my classes. With this I have had time to cook amazing creations. YUM! I made a mushroom custard of sorts last night. So.....very....GOOD! I need to exercise, but going outside is out of the question with the ice, and driving to the gym is also less likely because of the same.

My plants are enjoying the snow. The more white the ground, the more light they receive. They are of course in the warm comfort of my low humidity apartment.  Lots of light equates to happy plants who make me happy with their pretty foliage. ^_^

So with my textbooks several traffic lights away, what is a pretty girl suppose to do? My options include more cooking (which will likely happen here soon), painting eh? Maybe?, try to fold a koi out of paper?

I could always read. Thank you for the lovely read dearest friend. :) I still need to finish that.

If only I still had my ski pants.....


No comments:

Post a Comment