“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Sugar is sweeter, but liquor is quicker!"

As I have finally no reason to explicitly avoid alcohol, I now drink roughly once a week.

There are a few problems with my current drinking habits.
#1. I don't like beer. This results in me drinking wine or high alcohol percent mixed drinks.
#2. I drink quickly. I drink anything quick- water, juice, alcohol. This has major drawbacks. I become loopy quickly.
#3. I am still terrible at knowing when to stop. I therefore must be watched.
#4. I enjoy what I am drinking. Therefore I drink more of it.

I've decided that my drinking habits will need to change. I am a very happy and even more eccentric drunk.

Now I know that "drinking" if often frowned upon by the church. I really believe this is not for the act of drinking itself, but moreso for the negative actions that can result from drinking. Drinking often leads to undesirable consequences -- like having to have someone else drive you home.

But there are a few things I like about being drunk. One main one: I have to be dependent. Second,  I am a much happier person. I have found my mood is overall improved even when I'm not drinking.

Either way, I still manage to make a terrible Baptist--

1 comment:

  1. I believe the churches problem with drinking comes from the dependence that comes with it. If it becomes an addiction, it there has transcribed into a sin. That is what is warned against. It's okay to do things such as gambling or drinking but in moderation and if it is something you feel you have to do, you shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete