“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Monday, January 10, 2011

"Cause I’m not easy to understand but you know me like the back of your hand"

I have no idea what to structure my typing on tonight, I merely wish to write.

Perhaps I shall talk about myself.

I have recently decided I would like to volunteer somewhere. I am not entirely sure where or exactly what I'd like to do. Perhaps the elderly? Maybe the homeless? Environmental?

Speaking of the environment, I have a friend that is an avid recycler. It has started to bother me that I do not even try to recycle--- though I do keep many usable containers. Glass is my weakness. I really really hate throwing out glass, though I know plastics account for a large percentage of waste. Furthermore, paper waste is easily recycled as well. Perhaps I shall begin to recycle glass. Maybe I'll feel more inclined for the rest later.

I have been thinking of things I'd like to do before I die. I made a list several years ago which included both realistic and unrealistic ideas.

My current "list" would include the following:

Hike the entire Appalachian trail
Climb a mountain, perhaps even a technical climb
See the ocean
Touch every continent.
Learn a foreign language or more
Spend a year in another country.
Marry a fine man
Attend a rock concert
Go into outer space
Win a race
Be able to identify birds and trees
Host a masquerade
Be a charming great wife
Maintain a long term garden
Cook with my own vegetables and herbs
Start an heirloom garden
Do some serious geo-cashing
Foster teens.
Learn to upholster and make furniture
Explore alternative energy
Be a dashingly great cook
Maintain my health
Do something about the conditions in Africa
Instill change in the education system of the United States
Hunt a turkey
Visit France and St. Petersburg
Fall in love
Improve my vocabulary
Fold 1000 paper cranes
Visit historical places across the world
Have a true Belgian Waffle in Belgium
Relearn my geography
Dance barefoot with someone I love under the dark starry night sky
Visit Cedarpoint and ride all the coasters
Sail on the ocean
Catch a Salmon
Enjoy the silent night's of living in the middle of nowhere
Avoid living a life that would result in a great horror film
Inspire someone
Be familiar with many different religious texts
Live a week in the life of the Amish
Sleep several nights in a row in a tent
Visit Antarctica
Raise ethically sound children
Take more pictures


I am sure there are more. I will likely thing of more later when it isn't so late.

No comments:

Post a Comment