“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Sleep, sweetie, let your floods come rushing in and carry you over to a new morning "

It is pi time. I start this at 3:14, writing to ease my steam-train mind.

I leave at 8 am for the prospect of being surrounded by trees, rock formations and caves. This means in about 4 hours I am suppose to be waking up. Dreadful really.

I have been trying to sleep for over an hour. I've been having this problem a lot lately. I won't be able to fall asleep until 3 or even as late as 5 am and then sleep til noon or two...

I've attempted to get my schedule back. I have had little to no luck. I have tried mellow music, I have tried reading before bed, I have begun to wonder what is wrong and if I should start taking melatonin. I may go out and get some when I return from my trip.

The frustrating part is that I cannot sleep. I try and try. Furthermore, I end up waking up late, lacking the full rest in which I desire. I'm never really tired. That is, unless I am up til 7, 8, or 9 am because I can't sleep.

Tomorrow I want to enjoy my trip. I want to sleep so that I can enjoy my trip. I have such a distaste for the city around me. I need air, mountains, trees and lots of little birds. I haven't heard a cricket in ages, but I hear car doors slam every night. My room is never pitch black, but remains faintly glowing as a result of the light right outside my bedroom window.

Perhaps I am bored and since I don't overuse my mind or body while on break, my inner self sees no reason to sleep. Perhaps it is the birth control that regulates my cycle that is keeping me awake, which is a very real possibility. I really wish I knew.

I generally am able to control my mental processes at night, but recently this has been impossible. I think about everything I should be doing: reviewing research papers, reading a former student's thesis, painting, working on my big mobile project, reading my text books, budgeting my money...and the list goes on. Let us not even include men into the picture.

Hopefully I sleep soon. Getting up will be a major pain in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment