“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Monday, January 24, 2011

"What I've got's full stock of thoughts and dreams that scatter"

Today begins the second week of a new semester.

Today I am happy. My homework is done 27 hours before it is due. I am caught up in my reading, and I'm listening to 70's and 80's music. Oh, this is the life! :-P

Reflecting today I realize I am already off to a good start (aside from research). I am being my good old self. It is about time.

I feel I should have something deep and philosophical to give my few readers something to grapple with.

I have finally come up with what type of volunteer work I wish to engage in: visiting the elderly. This seems like the most logical decision for me, as I enjoy speaking and listening to the elderly, and many of them are often forgotten in nursing homes and retirement communities. The trick now is finding a suitable place and person to visit. I am excited for this opportunity and I am going to try to get started in the coming week. There is an elderly person waiting for me, I just know it. There is so many crazy stories to hear, so many memories to gain. I almost feel like I'm going into Lois Lowry's "The Giver" mode.

In other news, I have begun a 70's and big band phase in my musical listening. Oh the joys of jive! Interested? Check this pandora station out:

http://www.pandora.com/land/station/7bc1a03b43a85d48f2d5a169350ba42cfb0c2cad41b899d3?referrer=passoutlap3

Hopefully that link works!

For now I am back to playing with lasers!

No comments:

Post a Comment