“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I ain't got a dime, but what I got is mine. I ain't rich, but Lord I'm free."

Tonight, I went out with a group of people, and again the subject of personality types was brought up. I find the topic very delectable. The very idea of placing an individual into one of 16 boxes is appealing. How much easier would it be to interact with such knowledge! In reading about myself (INTJ) I am shocked on how accurate it describes how I feel about myself and others. In fact, it even makes sense of how people react to me. I am a rarity in personalities. This brings me a great amount of joy, but also I realize that often this may create a hindrance in my personal life.  

I greatly desire to look into this. I wish to fully understand myself and others so that I can interact more smoothly. We all know how helpful it would be for myself to learn to polish things a little bit. 

In the little digging I have done, I have come to realize why I struggle in finding a "mate". I have such an idealized view of things, and reality is rarely ideal. Hmm. Ugg.





No comments:

Post a Comment