“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” ~Jacques Deval

“God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.”    ~Jacques Deval

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Only on paper has humanity yet achieved glory, beauty, truth, knowledge, virtue, and abiding love." ~George Bernard Shaw

There is so much truth in this quote.

I deeply enjoy folding paper. I have a great respect for beautiful paper. I likely enjoy origami as much as I enjoy books.

Cranes, cats, boats, elephants....

There is something soothing in the precise folds, something calming in the feel of the paper, and something magical in creating something gorgeous out of something so plain.

If man was indeed created out of dirt, I'd like to think we are as beautiful as the things I form out of paper.

However, occasionally I fold poorly. I hope God doesn't do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment